Langsung ke konten utama

Robin Hood (Lady Marian and the Sheriff of Nottingham)

Hi guys, here I will tell you chapter 8 that contains "Lady Marian and the Sheriff of Nottingham" Oke, please read bellow.

Lady Marian and the Sheriff of Nottingham
  Chapter 8

Every year in summer, Marian's father had a great party. Lords and ladies and the people from the villages came. They ate and drank. This year, the Sheriff of Nottingham came too, with fifty of his men. He watched Marian carefully. ‘She is very beautiful,’ he thought, ‘and Robin Hood loves her. I know he will come today. Then my men can catch him.’ The music started and people began to dance. A man went to Marian and spoke to her. She smiled and gave him her hand. The sheriff stood up and called loudly to his men, ‘That's him! That's Robin Hood! Take him!’ The sheriff's men took out their swords and moved through the dancers. Suddenly ten of the dancers ran for their swords too. They were, of course, Robin's men, and a great fight began. Robin's men were better fighters than
the sheriff's. Marian wanted to fight too, but her father stopped her. ‘Marian, what are you doing? Put down that sword! I am sorry about Robin — no other man will marry you. You are only interested in fighting!’ The sheriff heard Marian's father and smiled. ‘Lady Marian is really very lovely,’ he thought. ‘Her father wants to find another husband for her? Good. I will marry her, then she will help me find
Robin Hood.’
 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

AN ANALYSIS OF THE NARRATIVE WRITING THE NINTH GRADE STUDENTS OF SMP NEGERI 1 GIANYAR BASED ON TEXT’S COHESION AND COHERENCE

AN ANALYSIS OF THE NARRATIVE WRITING THE NINTH GRADE STUDENTS OF SMP NEGERI 1 GIANYAR BASED ON TEXT’S COHESION AND COHERENCE       1. a. Title: AN ANALYSIS OF THE NARRATIVE WRITING THE NINTH GRADE STUDENTS OF SMP   NEGERI 1 GIANYAR BASED ON TEXT’S COHESION AND COHERENCE   b. Name: Anom D, Seken A, Suarnajaya W c. University: Language Education Study Program, Postgraduate Program Ganesha University of Education Singaraja, Indonesia d. E-mail: anomyoung@yahoo.com, w_suarna@yahoo.com     2.Abstract   a.       Concept: This study aimed at describing and explaining the cohesion and coherence created by the ninth grade students of SMP Negeri 1 Gianyar in their narrative writings.   b.       Subject: ninth grade students of SMP Negeri 1 Gianyar in academic year 2011/2012.   c.        Method: a)scripts of students narrative writings, b), r...

Robin Hood (The Sheriff's Visit)

Hi guys, here I will tell you chapter 9 that contains " The Sheriff's Visit " Oke, please read bellow. The Sheriff's Visit   Chapter 9 The next day, the sheriff arrived at Lord Fitzwalter's house with twenty horsemen. Lord Fitzwalter watched them through a window. He was not happy. ‘He wants to talk about yesterday's fight,’ he said to his daughter, ‘and you nearly fought too! Please go to your room. I will speak to him.’ ‘I do not want to speak to the sheriff, father,’ said Marian, ‘but I will listen behind the door!’ Marian left the room, and a minute later, the sheriff walked in. ‘My Lord Sheriff,’ began Lord Fitzwalter, ‘I am sorry about the fight yesterday, but your men…’ ‘No, no, I do not want to talk about that,’ said the sheriff. He put his hand on Lord Fitzwalter's arm and smiled. ‘I want to speak to you about your daughter, the Lady Marian.’ ‘Ah, Marian,’ said Lord Fitzwalter unhappily. ‘Marian is a good girl but she doe...